- 4 cups chopped, cored, peeled pears (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced orange peel (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped orange pulp (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced lemon (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 sticks cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 package fruit pectin
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine pears, orange peel, orange pulp, lemon, water and lemon juice in a large
saucepot. Tie whole spices in a spice bag and add to mixture. Cover and simmer 10
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pectin; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar,
stirring until dissolved. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring
- Remove from heat. Remove spice bag. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot marmalade
into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rim clean. Screw band down evenly
and firmly just until a point of resistance is met.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Yield: about six 8-ounce jars
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes