- 7 pounds cooking pears
- 1 pound raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 lemons, grated (juice and rind)
- 3 pounds granulated sugar
- Grind together the pears and raisins. Add all remaining ingredients. Cook until
thick and seal in jars while hot.
- Allow to age for several weeks.
Yield: at least 8 pints
Pear Mincemeat Pie: Add 1/2 cup broken nuts, 1 tablespoon rum or rum flavoring
and 1 apple, peeled and finely diced, to 3 cups Pear Mincemeat. Pour into unbaked
9-inch pie shell, cover with a lattice of pastry and bake.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.