- 3 quarts pears, sliced or chopped
- 3 cups water
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 slices lemon
- Wash and pare fruit. Cook until tender in water. Remove fruit and make a syrup
of the liquid and sugar.
- Add fruit to partially cooled syrup and bring gently to a boil. Add lemon slices.
Boil rapidly until fruit is clear and tender. Let stand in syrup to cool.
- Remove lemon. Pour fruit into sterilized jars.
- Reheat syrup to boiling and pour over fruit. Seal each jar as filled.
Yield: 8 (8 ounce) jars