Pear Relish is very good with meats or vegetables.
- 12 pounds hard pears (about 40), peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 pounds onions, peeled and quartered
- 4 green bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons whole mixed pickling spice
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- Run pears, onions and peppers through food grinder. Drain off all liquid.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, pickling spice and turmeric. Boil 10 minutes.
- Add pears, onions and peppers. Boil 15 minutes.
- Spoon into hot jars and seal quickly.
Yield: 8 to 9 pints
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.