Pecan Praline Syrup
Pecan Praline Syrup is delicious on French toast, pancakes or waffles! It's particularly delicious on banana or pumpkin pancakes.
The pecans may be omitted, and added to the top of the French toast, pancakes or waffles before serving.
If you are going to use the syrup in a fairly short period of time, make half a batch without processing and keep it in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine syrup, sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans and vanilla extract. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Ladle hot syrup into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Adjust 2-piece lids, and water bath for 10 minutes.
Yield: about 4 half pints