Pineapple Mint Jam
- 4 cups prepared fruit (1 #2 1/2 can crushed pineapple)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 7 1/2 cups (3 1/4 pound) granulated sugar
- 1 bottle Certo fruit pectin
- 3/4 teaspoon spearmint extract
- Few drops green coloring
- Put fruit into large saucepan. Add 3/4 cup water and mix well. Add lemon juice.
Add sugar to fruit in saucepan and mix well. Place over high heat. Bring to a full
rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat at once stir in Certo. Skim off foam with metal spoon. Then
stir and skim by turns for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add flavoring and coloring.
- Ladle into glasses. cover with 1/8-inch hot paraffin.
Yield: about 12 medium glasses
Posted by CookingForUs at Recipe Goldmine 7/19/01 5:12:35 am
Source: Posted by Charelle on 7/23/2000 - by Mrs. Thomas May from Ye Old
Harrisburg Souvenir Cook Book