- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 (3-inch) stick cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup syrup. Put syrup and all ingredients except
pineapple and food coloring into saucepan. Cook uncovered 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 to 2 drops food coloring. Cool and pour over pineapple.
- Put into jar, cover tightly, and refrigerate at least 24 hours.
- Serve ice cold.