Pioneer Tomato Jam
- 3 pounds fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 6 ounces liquid fruit pectin
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, cook the tomatoes over low heat for
- Add lemon juice and rind. Then add sugar and bring to
a rolling boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir
in pectin. Skim, if necessary, and spoon into sterilized jars.
- Store in a cool dark place.
If desired, you can add one stick of cinnamon to each sterilized
jar before pouring in the jam.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes