Pioneer Tomato Jam
- 3 pounds fresh ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 6 ounces liquid fruit pectin
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, cook the tomatoes over low heat for
- Add lemon juice and rind. Then add sugar and bring to
a rolling boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir
in pectin. Skim, if necessary, and spoon into sterilized jars.
- Store in a cool dark place.
If desired, you can add one stick of cinnamon to each sterilized
jar before pouring in the jam.