Port Wine Jelly
You can use any wine you like for this jelly. Just substitute your
favorite, and eliminate the cinnamon sticks.
- 2 cups good-quality port wine
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 3 ounces liquid pectin (Certo)
- Prepare canning jars according to manufacturer's directions.
- Combine port, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon sticks in a heavy
saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat. Stir to help
dissolve the sugar. Boil vigorously for 2 minutes; remove the pan
from the heat, and immediately add the pectin.
- Spoon the jelly into prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.
- Place a piece of cinnamon stick in each jar.
- Process the jars in a water bath according to
the manufacturer's directions, no less than 10 minutes.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes