As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 1/2 cups fresh ground pumpkin or canned pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and grated rind
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- If using fresh pumpkin, mix with sugar, lemon, ginger, cinnamon
and allspice in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature 8 to
- Transfer to a heavy saucepan, add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil.
Simmer on low heat, stirring often, for 40 to 60 minutes, to desired
consistency. (With canned pumpkin, mix ingredients in heavy saucepan;
bring to a boil and simmer on low about 20 minutes, to thicken.)
- Pour mixture into hot, sterile, 6-ounce canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch
headspace. Seal with sterile, 2-part lids and rings, as manufacturer
directs, processing 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Cool; adjust
Yield: five 6-ounce jars
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes