As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 1/2 cups prepared juice (about 3 pound ripe quinces and 4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 6 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 box Sure-Jell Fruit Pectin
- Prepare the juice. Core and grind about 3 pounds fully ripe quinces
(do not peel). Place in large pan, add water, bring to a boil, cover,
and simmer 15 minutes.
- Place juice in jelly cloth or bag; squeeze juice. Measure 4 1/2
cups into very large saucepan. Squeeze and strain juice from 2 medium
lemons; measure 1/4 cup into the pan. Now make the jelly.
- Measure sugar; set aside.
- Mix Sure-Jell into juice. Bring to a hard boil over high heat, stirring
constantly. At once, stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil
and boil hard 1 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat,
skim off foam and pour into glasses. Cover with hot paraffin.
Yield: about 10 medium glasses
Quince Jam: Prepare as for Quince Jelly, peeling as well as coring and grinding
the fruit, reducing the water to 3 cups and using 4 1/2 cups cooked
fruit instead of juice. Before ladling jam into glasses, stir and
skim for 5 minutes to cool slightly and prevent floating fruit.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes