- 3 habanero peppers
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 6 ounces fresh red raspberries
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 package Sure Jel Pectin
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Chop up the peppers in a processor until they are chopped up fine.
Put all but 1/4 cup peppers in a saucepan with raspberries and water.
Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- Press through a sieve or jelly bag. You should have 2 cups prepared
juice. Return the juice to a cleaned pot. Add vinegar and reserved
chopped peppers. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Add pectin. Bring to a boil. Add sugar. Bring back to boil and boil
hard for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, skim foam. Ladle into hot
1/2 pint jars leaving 1/8-inch headspace. Seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes*.
*recommended by the USDA
Posted by ginnyo at Recipe Goldmine 10/5/2001 12:47 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes