Red Hot Apple Jelly
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup red hot cinnamon candies
- Combine apple juice and pectin in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover
with plastic wrap or wax paper and set in the microwave. Bring to
a boil on HIGH setting - about 12 to 14 minutes. Stir twice.
- Remove from microwave; add sugar and cinnamon candies, stirring well. Return
to microwave: cook until mixture returns to a rolling boil, about
10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Boil hard 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave. Skim foam if necessary.
- Pour hot into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Cap and seal.
- Process for 5 minutes in boiling water canner.
Yield: 6 half pints