Rhubarb Ginger Jam
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds rhubarb (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split with seeds scraped into pan
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
Cook, stirring occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes on medium heat
until the mixture reaches 218 to 220 degrees F on an instant-read
- Skim any foam from the top and remove vanilla bean.
Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Jam, at this point, can be stored in sterilized canning jars in
the refrigerator for a few weeks, or water-bath canned per the instructions,
no less than 10 minutes, with the canning jars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes