Rose Petal Jam
Important: Make sure the rose plants have not been sprayed with insecticides.
Use only those roses that have not been sprayed or sprayed only with liquid detergent.
- Cover 1 pound strongly scented rose petals with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil.
Strain the liquid and reserve petals.
- Return liquid to pan. Add 3 pounds sugar. Bring to a boil and cook until thick.
- Add juice of 1 lemon. Return rose petals to liquid and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
The rose petals will dissolve.
- Pour into sterilized pint jars. Cover with paraffin.
- Store in dark place to keep the delicate color.