Sour Orange Marmalade
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds sour oranges (about 6 medium-size)
- 2 quarts water
- 3 pounds granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Remove the peel from two oranges. Slice this peel very thin and
cover with water. Boil until tender, adding additional water as
it boils away. (Change the water often if the flavor becomes too
- Peel the remaining oranges (the peel may be stored in freezer for
later grating uses). Boil the pulp in 2 quarts water until very
soft. Strain through a bag with pressure. Re-strain without pressure.
- Mix this juice with the drained peel, the sugar, and the salt and
boil until the jelly stage is reached.
- Let stand until slightly cool.
- Stir and pour into hot sterilized jars and seal with paraffin.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes