Spiced Blackberry Jelly
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Granulated sugar
- In a saucepan mix together all ingredients EXCEPT sugar.
- Cook the berries over low heat, stirring and crushing them with a spoon, until
they are soft.
- Pour the mixture through a jelly bag, without squeezing the bag, and measure
- For each cup of juice stir in one cup of sugar and cook the syrup over low heat
until a little jells when dropped onto a cold plate.
- Pour the jelly into hot sterilized glasses and seal.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.
May be served as an accompaniment to roast meats and poultry.
Source: Gourmet Magazine - June 1967