- 6 pounds fresh peaches
- 2 ounces broken stick cinnamon
- 1 ounce whole cloves
- 3 pounds granulated sugar
- 1 pint vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Dip peaches in hot water and peel.
- Tie spices in a muslin bag.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, water and spices. Boil until clear, about 15 minutes.
- Stick a clove in each peach. Add peaches to jar, enough to fill
one jar at a time and cook until tender (8 to 10 peaches).
- Put a stick of cinnamon in each jar.
- Fill each jar to overflowing with hot syrup.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes