Spicy Peach Marmalade
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) box Sure-Jell
- 3 pounds ripe peaches, peeled and chopped fine or put through a meat grinder (about 4 cups)
- 5 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix Sure-Jell, fruit and lemon juice and place in large pot over
high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add sugar all at
one time and bring back to a rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute,
- Remove from heat; skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- Add spices.
- Pour into jars and seal.
Yield: 7 half pints