Spirited Strawberry-Apple Butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup sweet red wine
- 6 cups strawberries, cut in half
- 6 cups cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into quarters
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry schnapps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Heat apple juice concentrate, wine, and fruit to boiling in a Dutch
oven; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally
until fruit is very soft.
- Put mixture into food processor to remove all lumps.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce
heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 2 hours, stirring occasionally until
no liquid separates from pulp.
- Immediately pour mixture into hot
sterilized jars leaving 1/2 inch head-space. Wipe rims of jars;
- Cool on rack 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator up to 2 months.
Yield: 6 jars (4 ounces each) of strawberry-apple butter
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 7:41:30am 8/3/03
Recipe by Bernice Heh, Johnson & Wales University, Second Place
Festival Specialties, Pungo Strawberry Festival
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes