Strawberry Jalapeno Jam
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen strawberries or fresh strawberries, mashed
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 ounces pectin
- Sterilize jelly jars and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove seeds from green pepper and chiles Be very careful with chiles
- don't touch your eyes. Some people do this with disposable
plastic gloves on.
- Fit the steel knife blade into the bowl. Chop green pepper into
1/4-inch pieces. Measure 1/2 cup. Reserve remainder for another
- Chop jalapenos into 1/4 inch pieces. Measure 1/4 cup for jelly.
- Place the strawberries, 1/2 cup green pepper and 1/4 cup jalapenos,
sugar and vinegar in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Continue
to boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in pectin.
- If you want to use this as a jelly, then strain mixture through
a fine strainer to remove pieces of peppers. OTHERWISE, LEAVE AS
- Pour strained liquid into sterilized jars.
- Cover tightly and store in a cool place up to 6 months.
Yield: 2 cups
Source: Trax Farms, Finleyville, Pennsylvania