Strawberry Margarita Preserves
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 quarts strawberries, cleaned
- 2 cups pared tart apples
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 7 tablespoons triple sec
- 2 tablespoons strawberry schnapps
- Hull and halve berries. Measure 6 cups. Peel and core apples, chop
and measure 2 cups.
- Combine berries, apples and lemon juice in a large stainless steel
or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil stirring constantly. Add
sugar to boiling fruit and stir until dissolved. Boil gently uncovered,
stirring frequently until mixture reaches gel stage, about 30 to
- Prepare six 1/2-pint jars for filling.
- Remove mixture from heat. Stir in tequila, triple sec and schnapps.
Return to heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Remove bubbles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes