Sweet Cherry Jam
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 pounds fully ripe dark sweet cherries
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package regular powdered fruit pectin
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- Sort, wash, stem, pit, and chop cherries. Measure 4 cups chopped
- In a 6- or 8-quart Dutch oven or kettle combine cherries, pectin,
lemon peel and lemon juice. Bring to boiling over high heat, stirring
- Stir in sugar. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil hard
for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim
off foam with a metal spoon.
- Immediately ladle jam into hot, sterilized half-pint canning jars,
leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids.
- Process jars in boiling-water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water
begins to boil).
- Remove jars from canner; cool on racks.
Yield: 6 half-pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes