Sweet Pumpkin Pickles
- 6 cups prepared pumpkin
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large cinnamon sticks
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare pumpkin by peeling, cubing and discarding seeds and inner
pulp. Place pumpkin cubes in colander and set over boiling water.
Make sure water does not touch pumpkin. Cover and steam until just
tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- Simmer vinegar, sugar and cinnamon for 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and simmer 3 minutes. Set aside for 24 hours.
- Heat and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Remove cinnamon sticks. Pack boiling
hot in hot canning jars, leaving 1/2-inch headroom.
- Adjust lids and process in hot water bath for 10 minutes.
Yield: 3 pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes