Sweet Tomato Relish
This is so good on hamburgers, steak, purple-hull or crowder peas, or
- 1 gallon tomatoes, chopped
- 8 whole onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 whole bell pepper, chopped
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy pot and cook at least one hour.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Wash pint jars in dishwasher - keep hot. Boil caps and rings.
- Fill hot jars and seal, turning upside down until cool.
Yield: 8 pints
Posted by Keplerkid at Recipe Goldmine 7/14/01 7:53:01 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes