Sweet Woodruff Jelly
- 5 to 5 1/2 cups apple wine
- 3 cups sweet woodruff packed
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 6 ounces liquid fruit pectin
- Heat 2 cups of apple wine to just below boiling. Pour over well
bruised sweet woodruff. Cover and let steep no longer than 24 hours.
- Strain and add more wine to make 5 cups. Place the wine and sugar
in a large nonreactive kettle and bring to a boil, stirring until
sugar is dissolved.
- Add pectin and return to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for one full minute.
- Remove from heat, skim, and pour into hot sterilized jars. Wipe rims and seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Cool and check for airtight seal.
Source: St. Louis Herb Society Cookbook - 1994
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.