- 1/2 cup thinly sliced tangerine peel (about 3 medium)
- 6 cups finely chopped tangerine pulp (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup finely chopped lemon pulp (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup water
- 1 package fruit pectin
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- Prepare home canning jars and lids according to manufacturer's
instructions. Jars should be covered with water and boiled 10 minutes
- To prepare juice: Combine tangerine peel, tangerine pulp, lemon
pulp and water in a large saucepot. Simmer 10 minutes, covered,
stirring occasionally. Strain juice through a damp jelly bag or
several layers of cheesecloth. Measure 4 cups juice.
- To make jelly: Combine juice and pectin in a large saucepot. Bring
to a boil over high heat. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Return
to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove
from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
Wipe jar rim clean. Screw band down evenly and firmly just until
a point of resistance is met - fingertip tight.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Yield: about five 8-ounce jars
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes