Tangy Orange Marmalade
- 3 thin-skinned oranges
- 2 lemons (or limes)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 of 6 ounce bottle liquid pectin
- Wash fruit; remove peel in quarters, and cut rind into fine slivers.
Add water and baking soda. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dice pulp, discarding center membrane and seeds. Add pulp and juice
to undrained rind. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Measure 3 1/2 cups of the mixture into a large saucepan. Add sugar
and mix well. Place over high heat; bring to a full rolling boil
and boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir
in pectin immediately. Skim off foam with a metal spoon; alternate
stirring and skimming for 7 minutes.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars and seal with paraffin.