As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups prepared tomatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 6 1/2 cups (2 pounds 14 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 bottle pectin - Certo*
I think that's the 2 packages that come in the box nowadays, check with Certo
- First prepare tomatoes. Scald, peel, chop the fully ripe tomatoes.
Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Measure 3 cups of that into a large saucepan. Add the lemon rind
and juice to the tomatoes. Add the exact measure of sugar and mix
well. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring
- Remove from heat and add pectin. Skim off foam with
metal spoon. Then stir and skim for 5 minutes to cool slightly and
prevent floating "fruit."
- Ladle into glass jars and you can use 1/8 inch of melted paraffin
on top or use sealing lids.
Yield: about 9 medium glass jars
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 8/16/2001 12:12 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes