Try this with ham or fowl.
- 4 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 tomatoes
- Scalding water
- Granulated sugar
- Peel oranges and lemons. Cut away white pith and discard. Cut peel
into thin strips; cover with 1/2 cup water and bring to boil. Simmer
for 15-20 minutes; drain.
- Dip tomatoes in scalding water and peel.
- Halve peeled oranges and lemons and discard pits.
- Mince fruit pulp and tomatoes together.
Add cooked peel to fruit and tomato mixture, cover and simmer for
- Boil uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Measure and add EQUAL amount of sugar. Simmer, uncovered, stirring
frequently until ready to jell (until it sheets off a spoon).
into sterilized jars and process to manufacturer's instructions.
Yield: Approximately 8 (6-ounce) jars
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 4/5/02 6:38:58 pm.