- 4 dozen large tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Peel, core and chop tomatoes. Measure; you should have 8 quarts.
Add salt. Place in large pot and simmer over low heat for about
1 hour. Stir often to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and press through a fine sieve or put through food mill.
- Return to kettle
and continue to cook very slowly until paste holds its shape on
a spoon about 2 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Spoon into clean, hot jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
Yield: about 8 half pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes