This is excellent on hamburger patties, leftover roast and black-eyed
peas. It can be made with canned tomatoes, about 7 (28 ounce) cans
of a good brand, frozen chopped onions and green peppers.
- 30 large tomatoes
- 10 large onions
- 5 large green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- Peel tomatoes. Chop tomatoes, onions and peppers. Combine with remaining
ingredients and cook on medium to low heat for several hours until
relish turns a deep red color and is very thick.
- Spoon into sterile jars and seal.
Yield: 6 to 8 half pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Canning Recipes