Pickled Pigs Feet
- Pigs feet
- 2 quarts vinegar
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 bay leaf
- Scald, scrape and clean the pigs feet thoroughly. Sprinkle lightly with salt
and let stand for 4 to 8 hours.
- Wash the feet well in clean water. Place in hot water on stove and cook until
tender, but not until meat can be removed from bones.
- Pack the feet into clean canning jars, filling to within 1/2-inch of the top
of jar with boiling spiced vinegar. Put on cap, screwing the band tight.
- Process jars in water bath for 90 minutes.