This makes a beautiful Christmas-time hors d'oeuvre when used in combination
with Jalapeno Pepper Jelly.
- 6 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Seed peppers and grind them coarsely. Put peppers into a large bowl. Add salt;
cover and let stand overnight.
- Drain off about half of the liquid, pour the peppers into a heavy saucepan, and
add the vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour,
- Remove from heat and add red food coloring a few drops at a time to make the
jam a bright red.
- Cool slightly, stirring occasionally, and spoon into sterilized jars.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes