Bread and Butter Pickles
- 10 medium cucumbers
- 3 medium onions
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Cut cucumbers in thin slices.
- Slice onions.
- Combine cucumbers and onions. Add salt and let stand for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain cucumbers and onions.
- Heat vinegar, water, celery seed, mustard seed, sugar and turmeric to boiling.
- Add cucumbers and onions. Boil slowly until cucumbers and onions are tender.
- Pack into jars while hot. Process.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.