Bread and Butter Pickles
- 10 medium cucumbers
- 3 medium onions
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Cut cucumbers in thin slices.
- Slice onions.
- Combine cucumbers and
onions. Add salt and let stand for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain cucumbers and onions.
- Heat vinegar, water, celery seed, mustard
seed, sugar and turmeric to boiling.
- Add cucumbers and onions. Boil
slowly until cucumbers and onions are tender.
- Pack into jars while hot. Process.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: ctracey
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes