Salsa doesn't get any better than this!
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds fresh jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 pound onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pickling/canning salt
- Place tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, garlic, vinegar and salt in a large pot. Heat
to simmering and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pack into sterilized pint or half-pint canning jars. Wipe jar rims clean with
a damp cloth. Adjust lids and rings; seal.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Yield: 6 to 8 pints
Source: Mexican Cooking, a cookbook in the California Culinary Academy's
Easy & Elegant Meals Series (Ortho Books, 1985)
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.