Salsa doesn't get any better than this!
- 5 pounds tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds fresh jalapenos, seeded and
- 1 pound onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons pickling/canning salt
- Place tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, garlic, vinegar and salt in a large pot. Heat
to simmering and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pack into sterilized pint or half-pint canning jars. Wipe jar rims clean with
a damp cloth. Adjust lids and rings; seal.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
Yield: 6 to 8 pints
Source: Mexican Cooking, a cookbook in the California Culinary Academy's
Easy & Elegant Meals Series (Ortho Books, 1985)