- 12 to 14 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 2 bunches celery, chopped
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 pounds brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 4 cups cider vinegar
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Scald and peel tomatoes. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain off half the juice.
Add vegetables to tomatoes and simmer about 1 1/2 hours.
- Tie spices
in cloth bag. Add with remaining ingredients to tomato mixture.
Continue cooking 1 1/2 hours or until vegetables are soft.
- Seal in hot sterilized jars.
Yield: 6 pints