Cinnamon Cucumber Pickles
- 2 gallons cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups lime
- 8 1/2 quarts water
- Mix and soak.
Drain and wash cucumbers. Simmer the cucumbers in the following:
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 small bottle red food color
- 1 tablespoon alum
- Water to cover
- Simmer for 2 hours. Drain and put into a larger container. Make a syrup of:
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 package red hot candies
- Bring to a boil. Pour over cucumbers and let stand overnight.
- Drain and reheat syrup. Pour over cucumbers and let stand overnight.
- Reheat syrup and pour over cucumbers. Let stand overnight.
- Reheat syrup. Put cucumbers in jars and pour syrup over. Seal jars.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.