Cinnamon Cucumber Pickles
- 2 gallons cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups lime
- 8 1/2 quarts water
- Mix and soak.
Drain and wash cucumbers. Simmer the cucumbers in the following:
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 small bottle red food color
- 1 tablespoon alum
- Water to cover
- Simmer for 2 hours. Drain and put into a larger container. Make a syrup of:
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 package red hot candies
- Bring to a boil. Pour over cucumbers and let stand overnight.
- Drain and reheat syrup. Pour over cucumbers and let stand overnight.
- Reheat syrup and pour over cucumbers. Let stand overnight.
- Reheat syrup. Put cucumbers in jars and pour syrup over. Seal jars.