- 1/2 cup white mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves, finely crushed
- Combine mustard seed, wine and vinegar in a glass bowl; let stand for 4 hours.
- Place this mixture in a food processor or blender and add remaining ingredients. Process briefly to retain coarse texture.
- Place in upper part of double boiler and stir over simmering water 10 minutes or until mustard begins to thicken.
- Place in hot, sterilized jars. Allow to cool; then cap and refrigerate.
Yield: 2 to 3 half pints
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.