Corn Cob Jelly
- 12 dried red corncobs*
- 3 pints water
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* Red corncobs come from what is termed "field corn"
that is raised to feed animals.
- Rinse cobs well. Break in half. Boil gently 30 minutes and strain
the juice through a wet cloth. Measure to get 3 cups. If necessary,
- Add the pectin and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar and heat to dissolve. Bring to a boil again, boil
for at least a full minute or until it starts to jell - another
minute or so.
- Skim; pour into sterile glasses or jars and seal.
It is now recommended that all jelly be processed for 10 minutes
in a boiling water bath.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes