- 22 to 25 medium size ears of corn (enough to make 10 cups of kernels)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Cook ears of corn in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Plunge into cold water. Drain corn. Cut kernels from cob with knife. Kernels
should measure 10 cups.
- Combine corn with remaining ingredients in large pot and simmer 15 minutes.
- Immediately pack into clean, hot pint jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace; seal.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
Yield: 5 to 6 pints