Crocked Dill Pickles
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 16 pounds tiny cucumbers for pickling
- 3/4 cup pickling spices
- 7 stalks fresh dill
- 1/2 pound garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 cups pickling salt
- 2 gallons water
- Wash and drain cucumbers.
- Place half each of the pickling spices,
dill and garlic on the bottom of a clean 4-gallon crock. Put the
cucumbers in the crock.
- Dissolve the salt in the 2 gallons water
and pour over the cucumbers.
- Add remaining pickling spices, dill
and garlic on top and cover with a weighted lid. Check every few
days and skim off foam. In 2 to 3 weeks the cucumbers will be crisp
and firm to the touch.
- Pack the cucumbers in sterilized jars.
- Strain and boil the brine and pour over cucumbers.
- Seal tightly and store
in a cool place.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes