- 4 pounds small pickling cucumbers
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons canning salt
- Garlic cloves, chopped
- Fresh dill or dill seed
- Mustard seed
- Prepare home canning jars and lids. Wash cucumbers and trim ends.
Cut into halves or quarters, lengthwise.
- Combine water, vinegar and salt; bring to boil.
- Pack cucumbers into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch
- Add 2 heads of dill or 1/4 cup dill seed, 1/2 teaspoon
mustard seed, 2 peppercorns and 1 chopped garlic clove to each jar.
- Carefully pour hot liquid over cucumbers, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles with nonmetallic spatula. Adjust caps.
- Process pints 15 minutes in boiling water bath canner.
Yield: 6 to 8 pints