- 2 pounds bush green beans (round slim beans, not flat)
- 2 1/2 cups vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup canning salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or 1 sliced jalapeno with seeds, not stems
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 4 heads fresh dill
- 2 (1-quart) sterilized canning jars
- Trim ends of green beans.
- Set lids of jars to boil in water in a small pan.
- Combine vinegar and water and salt in a large saucepot.
Bring to a boil.
- Pack beans lengthwise into hot jars, Add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper,
or the jalapeno slices, 2 cloves garlic and 2 heads of dill to each
- Ladle the boiling vinegar solution over beans. leaving 1/4 inch
headspace. Place caps (still hot from the boiling water) on jars.
Invert jars until cool.
- You can place them in a hot water bath for 10 minutes, if desired.
- Store in a cool dry place for 4-6 weeks before opening.
- After opening, keep refrigerated.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes