Easy Hot Pepper Jelly
This is delicious served with cheese and crackers or spread on cream
- 6 green bell peppers
- 12 hot peppers
- 2 cups water
- 5 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle Certo
- Cut stems and chop peppers, leaving in seeds. Cover with water and
simmer until tender.
- Mash peppers through strainer to obtain more juice,
then strain juice through cheesecloth in order to have clear jelly.
- Add sugar and vinegar to juice. Rapidly bring to a boil and add
lemon juice and Certo. Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Pour into sterile jars and seal.
Yield: 8 half pints
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes