As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1 quart) jar dill pickles (about 12)
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 stick cinnamon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon mixed pickling spices
- 2 bay leaves
- Drain pickles and cherries, cut pickles crosswise into 1-inch thin
slices. Using a corer, remove center from each piece of pickle.
Insert a cherry into each. Put pickle chunks into a shallow dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a saucepan. Bring to boiling,
simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour the spice mixture through a sieve over the pickles.
- Cover and set in refrigerator for 1 week before serving.
Yield: 1 quart pickles
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes