- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, slightly bruised*
- 1 quart good quality cider or white vinegar
* Basil, oregano, dill and thyme are among the herbs to use.
- Put the herbs in clean, clear glass bottles.
- Heat the vinegar just to hot, but not boiling.
- Pour vinegar into bottles; let sit overnight. It
is ready to use in a day.
- Before using the vinegar, strain it, remove the bruised herbs and
replace with a fresh sprig.
An alternative method is to put unheated vinegar in the bottles
with herbs and place on a windowsill. Keep turning for 2 to 3 weeks.