Honey-Hot Pepper-Orange Marmalade
This marmalade is very versatile as a spread, and also as a glaze or side garnish
for roast poultry. Put a dab atop crackers with cream cheese, and you guests will
riot for more!
- 2 peels from large, ripe oranges
- Fresh hot peppers*
- 8 ounces honey
* Fresh hot peppers: your choice of variety and quantity. Recommended: Serranos,
Guam "Boonie Peppers" or other small Asian peppers - maybe even a single, fresh
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grate the two orange peels into small sauce pan; add the honey and mix well.
- While holding each pepper by the stem, use sharp scissors to cut THIN cross sections
(seeds and all) into the honey-orange peel mixture. Taste after adding each pepper,
adding more if desired.
- Put pan over medium heat, stirring constantly. DO NOT ALLOW THE HONEY TO BOIL.
- When mixture is well-blended and thoroughly heated (just starting to steam),
spoon it into a freshly washed glass jar - like jam jar - and cover immediately.
- Once cool, it's ready - and does not need refrigeration after opening.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Honey Board - nhb.org
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Canning Recipes