Italian Refrigerator Pickles
Here's my gold medal winning recipe to help use up some of those fresh cucumbers.
- by Chef John
- 3 large cucumbers, washed and coined
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced olives (I mix black and green)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups Kraft Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Optional: 2 cups diced fresh Roma tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl; cover and stick in the refrigerator
for overnight then enjoy!
- To serve, drain off most of the juice and serve the pickles in a chow-chow dish
or a glass bowl.
Posted by Dizzybreez at Recipe Goldmine 7/31/2001 11:29 am.