Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 14 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- Green food coloring (optional)
- Paraffin, melted
- Seed and grind the peppers in food processor or blender.
peppers with lemon juice, vinegar and sugar in a heavy saucepan. Bring
to a rolling boil and boil, stirring constantly, for about 15
- Add the pectin and boil for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add the green food coloring if you wish,
a few drops at a time to make the jelly a bright green.
- Cool slightly, stirring occasionally, and spoon into sterilized jars.
- Seal immediately with paraffin and store in a cool, dark place.